WHAT IS IT?
The XR Content call aims to collect 3DoF linear (non-interactive) narrative Extended Reality contents for the TSFM Vol. 7 onsite TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings.
TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings are a series of industry screenings aimed at promoting recently completed XR content productions to an audience of professionals. TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings will feature Curated Programmes, selected by TSFM programmers, alongside Guest Programmes, curated by partners.
Please note that the release status of content featured in the TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings is not modified since these are considered closed screenings.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The XR Content call is dedicated exclusively to filmmakers aiming to promote their XR 3DoF linear (non-interactive) narrative contents to a diversified audience of cinema professionals – buyers, festival representatives, directors, producers, and film institutions.
WHEN IS IT SCHEDULED?
TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings are scheduled from Monday November 28th 2022 to Wednesday November 30th 2022 during TSFM vol. 7.
WHERE IS IT?
TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings are scheduled to take place in Torino, Italy.
Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic, in order to comply with public health safety measures the location might be different. Furthermore, if required by the local safety health institutions, TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings might be cancelled. TSFM team will inform the right holders of any change of location that may occur as soon as any new information will be available.
HOW DO I APPLY?
In order to submit a XR content preview, applicants are required to:
- Register and sign in at tsfm.filmchief.com (If applicants have already been accredited to TSFM from 2017 on, username and password remain the same and they can be used to sign in. In case of lost credentials, these can be retrieved directly on the website)
- Submit a fully filled online entry form, accessible at this link
- Submitted XR Content should NOT EXCEED 59 minutes in length.
- Submitted XR Content must be 3DoF linear (non-interactive) narrative Extended Reality contents and compatible with Pico Interactive headsets.
- Submitted XR Content should have been EXCLUSIVELY completed in 2021 or 2022.
- Submitted XR Content MUST have embedded English subtitles if the content is spoken in a language other than English.
- The submitted XR Content MUST be provided through a flat or 360 preview uploaded as a password protected Vimeo link. Please note that changing the Vimeo link password will prevent the short film to be seen on TSFM Video-Library.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS?
There are several deadlines for submitting a complete application to the XR Content call.
The regular deadline is scheduled on Wednesday August 31st 2022 at 23:59 CEST (11:59 pm CEST)
The late deadline is scheduled on Friday September 30th 2022 at 23:59 CEST (11:59 pm CEST)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The XR Content call submission fee varies according to the chosen deadline for submitting a complete application.
The regular deadline fee amounts to 10,00 €.
The late deadline fee amounts to 20,00 €.
The sum is payable at the end of the application submission process via Paypal only.
WHEN WILL APPLICANTS BE NOTIFIED OF THE SELECTION RESULTS?
Only applicants selected for TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings will receive a selection notice via email by Monday November 1st 2021.
IN CASE OF SELECTION IS PARTICIPATION MANDATORY?
No. Filmmakers of XR contents selected to take part in TSFM XR Theatre Market Screenings are not required to come to Torino. Anyway, TSFM will provide a free accreditation to a single representative for each selected XR content. Travel and lodging costs will not be covered or reimbursed.
IS THERE A PRIZE?
Prizes might be announced at a later stage.